Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving - A Blog Dedicated to Taryn Scane

Hello, happy Thanksgiving to all! Last night I spent the night at my sister’s house. It was fun. I really had a fun time. I had fun while I was there. So yeah, it was fun. That is the point. I showed her my blog and she thought it was funny, so I dedicate this blog to Taryn Scane.

I went to bed last night, got up this morning, excited for football and turkey. My sister’s boyfriend took us home this morning at about 11:30. It was a fun car ride home. When we got home we had cinnamon rolls (we do every major holiday). I started to watch the Lions play, they looked good, when it was 7-0. After about half an hour or so I left in disgust. The Lions are bad, there is no other way to say it.

At about 2:00 we went to my grandparents house. I went in gave everybody my handshakes, hugs, and kisses, then went downstairs to get my butt kicked in FIFA 10 by my cousin. I saw my cousin had a big MLB jar. He saw me staring at it and opened it. It was filled with rice. Rice. A jar of rice. He told me to try to get my hand to the bottom. I thought it would be pretty easy, it’s rice, uncooked rice, no liquids. I put my hand in and it was extremely hard. I asked him why he had it, he simply said: “baseball.”

I felt stupid. My cousin was picked along with 6 others in a camp in Florida out of 1,000 kids to come back once a month to train for baseball with the Doyle brothers. In case you didn’t know, the Doyle brothers were 3 brother’s who all played in the MLB back in the 70’s.

After what seemed like endless hours of being beat in FIFA, it was dinner. I had some turkey, of course, and some other good food. To drink, I started out with Cherry Coke, finished that and my cousin wanted me to try some of his protein powder that you mix with milk. He put some of the powder in a glass, added milk, closed the lid, and shook the jar. He plays pitcher, strong arms, I imagined it was shaken up enough. He had protein because the Doyle bros. wanted him to have it, good reason. I came back to the table in what looked to be chocolate milk, tried it, and swallowed it without choking. It was good.

I gobbled up my chicken and went back downstairs to lose again but not in FIFA. This time I lost in MLB 09 the Show. After about 17 1/2 innings of play and a Home Run Derby, We went home. I got the new iPod Nano last Friday and was flipping through radio stations on it, stopping at each one. There was nothing good on so I put it down and stared out the window.

When we got home, I fed my dogs, sat down on my computer, and wrote this blog that is dedicated to Taryn Scane.

No comments:

Post a Comment